Harvey Update 8/28 8:30 AM
- Olympia Estates remains outside of any evacuation zones.
- Highway 6 from Lakeshore Harbor Boulevard/Trammel Fresno Road to Sienna Ranch Road is closed in both directions. Residents must take alternative routes via the Fort bend Tollway to Sienna Parkway and continue onto Sienna Springs into the LJ Parkway. Residents may continue on LJ Parkway to University or turn right onto Sienna Ranch Road.
- As of 5 AM, Highway 90 Westbound is now completely open for travel. Highway 90 East bound has one lane open for travel.
- As of 5 AM, Marshall High School, 1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City, TX 77489, is now full to capacity. Kempner High School, 14777 Voss Rd., Sugar Land, TX 77498, has now been identified as a new shelter location and will open Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 1 p.m. Red Cross shelters only accept pets if they are crated; residents must bring all food and medicine necessary for their pets. Call the Houston Red Cross at 1800.733.2767 to see what accommodations are available for pets at each shelter.
- Fort Bend County released an inundation map last night showing what the Brazos is expected to do at 56 and 58 feet at the Richmond gauge. The Brazos is expected to reach 59 feet.